Also known as m-shifting, is when all your senses (i.e. smell, hearing, etc.) shift, but you remain in your human body. It is much easier to do that p-shifting.
1. Try to picture the scenery first- tall pines, a beautiful blue sky, mossy ground.
2. Feel. Feel the soft brush of wind, the firm press of your pads against the leafy forest floor.
3. Scents. Inhale deeply, noting the scents of pine needles, the sweet summer air, the perfume of flowers, scent trails of juicy prey.
4. After imagining your surroundings, start to move- in your vision, not really. Take a pawstep forward, feel your paw sink against the moss. Dash after a rabbit, feel every muscle work to keep up, bounding through brush. Imagine your fangs piercing rabbit skin, sinking in, and imagine the flavor of blood, hot and salty, on your tounge. Your senses should begin to change. Feel free to take in the sounds and smells around you, exploring the world without really exploring at all.
* A little note from Zavé, the creator of the Shifting page-
I actually didn't write this. I got it from the Brave Hearts pack, found at this address:
Full credit goes to them. I would have written my own, but I can't m-shift yet, but as soon as I do, I'll remake this page and put my own words in.
If Brave Hearts sees this page and wants me to take this down, I will comply cheerfully. :)
Also known as p-shifting, physical shifting is when you shift into your creature's form. If you'd like to p-shift on command, then follow this, and in a few days or weeks, depending on how well you're focused on it, you'll be able to, no problem. However, I suggest you only p-shift at night, since most people are asleep and you don't want to get attacked by some ignorant human.
1. Lay down somewhere you're comfortable, such as your bed or couch, and get into a position that reminds you of your were-form (i.e. curled up, on your side, etc.).
2. Close your eyes, breath deeply, and relax. Listen to your breaths, breathing slowly, and gently. Let the sound soothe you.
3. Rid yourself of stress and make your body still. You will start to feel your hands, feet, fingers, toes, etc. go numb and lose feeling. Fill your mind with thoughts about the animal you want to become. Focus on what fun it would be to have paws, a muzzle, claws, tall ears, a tail, etc. Begin to think of yourself as a were, not a human.
4. Try to feel your fur as immensely as you can. Now, begin to move, slowly. Move your hand/foot, thinking of it as a paw. Hold up your head, feeling your muzzle pointing out and your new found ears. But remember not to think of yourself as a human. When you feel yourself begin to twitch, burn, tingle or move on your own, that's good. Just continue to think of yourself as the creature, and eventually the full shift will take place.
Don't be disappointed if it doesn't work the first time. It takes a crap-load of practice -obviously- to completely change your molecular structure. Also, it can be painful. I haven't done it myself, yet, but I read up on it and some pain experienced is very common.
*Another little note from Zavé-
P-shifting cannot be done until you m-shift. It doesn't work in a few minutes, either. It takes a long time to shift the first time you actually do, a couple to a few hours. It is frequently suggested that you work on shifting your eyes, fangs, or claws the first time rather than do it all in one go. Don't do it when people are around. Bad idea. It's preferred that humans don't know about therians for obvious reasons... Do you want little annoying humans crawling up and down your back calling you a freak and asking you to teach them to shift?
I think not.